View Single Post
Old 04-29-2007, 10:17 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Yes, it does.
However...

I'll try the counselling, and I'll try the fish oil but there's no way I'm going to take magic mushrooms especially for OCD. LOL! (can't stop cackling. The cat thinks I've gone insane)

It's down near the end of the article.
Someone tell me that is not real. Please.

OK, I stopped laughing in disbelief and checked around and frankly I just can't believe that psilocybin would be good for anyone or anything particularly someone with severe OCD. I find the whole suggestion frightening.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...arch&DB=pubmed
: J Clin Psychiatry. 2006 Nov;67(11):1735-40.

Safety, tolerability, and efficacy of psilocybin in 9 patients with obsessive-compulsive disorder.
Moreno FA,Wiegand CB,Taitano EK, Delgado PL.

Department of Psychiatry, University of Arizona, Tucson, USA.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6210694.stm
BBC UK
Monday, 11 December 2006, 07:31 GMT
Psychedelic drug 'hope for OCD'
By Arran Frood

Quote:
Serious doubts

But critics say the study's flawed methodology means that conclusions cannot be made about the drug's efficacy against OCD, and some question whether it should have taken place at all.
Quote:
I'm concerned that the study only measured effects up to 24 hours and OCD is a chronic condition
Dr Paul Blenkiron -Bootham Park Hospital, York
Quote:
I'm very concerned that people with obsessional problems who experience bursts of nasty images, are being given a drug known to produce intrusive mental phenomena
Professor Paul Salkovskis - Maudsley Hospital Centre for Anxiety Disorders
Quote:
But because there was no group given a different drug or no drug at all to compare them to, the benefits could have been simply due to care and attention from the researchers.

Last edited by Lara; 04-30-2007 at 02:46 AM. Reason: to give directions
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote