Thread: Neurogenic TOS
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 05:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsquaw View Post
So happy to hear that you are getting some where with your treatment. it is so hard to find doctors that except workmans comp. the main reason I chose not to go that route. I'm interested in the same answers....I'm having rib removal and also removal of PDF minor muscle. my doctor told me that I will have to do aggressive therapy to get the strength back in my arm. he said the pec minor muscle is responsible for the lifting with the arm stretched in front of you and is also the muscle used in pushing. it has been so long since I've used my left arm I'm sure I'll have a lot of work to do but I am ready! Can't wait to get my life back! You have a very dangerous job. my son in law and my husband both work for the sheriff's dept. I'm sending prayers out to y'all. please keep the updates coming.
Hey tsq thanks again for your response. Yeah workmans comp is real difficult to get approvals from, what a headache. Unfortunately I had to just in case they put me out on disability. I would think that even with therapy 100% strength in the arm would be hard to achieve after these procedures. And as you know having family in law enforcement, they may look to put me out on disability if I don't have full strength in my arm. My right arm is my effected side and I also hardly use my right arm...if I do the pain and burning in the shoulder and scapula starts! Thank you for the prayers and I just landed one appointment with a doctor out of NYU, Dr Cayne. I am still waiting for an answer from Dr Schneider out of New York Presbyterian to see if he will accept comp. I have heard more about him so he is my first choice, but he hasn't called me back in days so I'm assuming he doesn't want to accept comp. Good luck with your surgery and keep us updated!
Joshuamr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote