View Single Post
Old 04-29-2007, 10:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default RSD -vs- TOS

for some reason it was thought that I had RSD too, along with my bilateral TOS. I ended up having bilateral sympathectomies done, which in hind sight now, I am not sure I ever needed that done and now my hands don't sweat (no big deal), but I sweat all over my back and abdomen (big deal to me).

Why do doctors confuse this? I don't mean to derail the thread but I am kinda glad to say I am not the only one that has had these two terms thrown at me.

At this point there is no doubt I have bilateral neurogenic TOS. But RSD? Even after the last surgery (I had to have an axillary nerve cut to make room for the lat-flap) I have a part of my upper arm (the back part of it) that is hypersensitive. Dr. Annest assured me it is not RSD...even though it felt like raw rugburn all the time. It is slowly improving.

So I guess my question is....what is the criteria for RSD? How does it differ from TOS??

\/\/\/ Oh yes... I forgot - I did have stellate ganglion blocks ( I was so scared too!) that gave me very temporary relief and then I rebounded!! I must have blocked it out....lol

Last edited by Jensrib; 04-29-2007 at 11:12 PM. Reason: afterthought:)
Jensrib is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote