View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 06:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tosmother View Post
So, Cltbaseball9, how was your first day back at school? I am impressed that you felt like going back today after just 2 weeks! I am interested to hear about your experience with Dr. Pearl. How long had you had your symptoms before you decided on surgery? I hope your day went well.

My daughter has surgery in exactly a month from today. I saw her this weekend (she is in college) and asked her if she wanted to back out...she said no way! She said she wants to put this all behind her and get on with her life! I'm praying that's how it all works out!

Take care and keep us posted on your recovery

Dr. Pearl is awesome! He answered any questions that I had and also helped put wife at ease about the surgery and answered all of her questions as well. I had my symptoms for about a year and a half and things got better in the beginning but when baseball season started up my symptoms flared up and wouldn't go away. I coach high school baseball in the spring and pro baseball in the summer so I throw a lot of batting practice. I felt like your daughter in that I was ready to get it done and over with so I could move on. This baseball season will be a big test as to how I have recovered.

As for the first day of school, it was tough at times, because i left my pain meds at home on accident, but I made it through the day. I was quite exhausted when I got home and was asleep by 8:00 that night. Today was a little better because I took a pain pill after 1st period and I made sure I didn't push myself too hard. I still get "winded" some because it still hurts to take deep breaths. I also made sure I stayed out of the hallway during passing periods so nobody would bump into me. I'm glad I went back though because it forces me to walk more and get myself back in shape.

I will say that this has been the hardest and most painful surgery for me. I have had an elbow and both shoulders worked on and the pain I felt with those seems very minor to what I have felt with this surgery. Luckily I have pain medication around for when I really need it.
cltbaseball9 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nottherightkindofdr (11-20-2012), tosmother (11-13-2012), TOStrojan (11-14-2012)