View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 06:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Did my sneeze cause another concussion?

Hi there.

Three weeks ago I suffered a mild concussion. I've been symptom free for 2 days, but I've recently come down with a cold. A few hours ago, I released a tremendous sneeze(!) which, I think, threw my head forward. With how much force the sneeze accelerated my head, I don't really know. Immediately afterwards, though, the back of my head (site of the original injury) was again throbbing. No dizziness or other symptoms, but it was clear to me that the sneezing (and, I suppose, acceleration of my head) was the cause of headache's return.

So my questions are these: what exactly produces a headache following a concussion?

And is the fact that my headache returned an indication that I have suffered another (sub?)concussive impact? Or could the headache return for another reason?

Remember, the original injury was in the back of my head, about two-three inches above the base of my skull.

Normally, of course, sneezing would create no serious impact on the brain. I'm wondering, though, how "tender" the brain is following a concussion, and whether I might have just endured another...

Thanks for the help, guys.
mpshube is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote