View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 06:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up Carrie

That little story was so descriptive that I felt like I was there!
Of all the things we can gripe and say about this disease, I have to give credit where credit is due - I would have missed some cherished friendships if I hadn't traveled this path.

And those friends show up at the most convenient times. Once I was flying alone and was making a connection in New York and went off very badly. I mean I was barely able to stand up and couldn't lift up my small carry-on bag for the scanner. A handsome gentleman appeared, strongaccented and what I would describe as a "hunk" (I know I'm too old to lust, but he was built!) Anyway, he lifted my bag on the belt like it was a marshmallow, then offered a strong arm to board the plane.

This hunk and I boarded early so as I watched the plane fill up, there were what could have been scores of these hunks boarding the plane. (I had to turn on my air-conditioner).

I knew they had to be together because they were conversing with each other - sometimes in English; sometimes French, and some in languages I could not identify. . So I asked in my best Tennessee English, "Where are ya' all from?" It was the whole datburn Montreal Canadiens team! Did I see the team logos? - No! Did I note that they all were at least 6' tall and weighed a minimum 200 lb (that's English measurement). No!

So that was one of my memorable times as a result of being a PD advocate. I cannot promise you that your experience will be as . . . shall we say picturesque? But you will never forget it.

And honey, I will let any NHL hockey player assist me any time! Why, I might even exaggerate a symptom to get help!
pegleg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Debi Brooks (11-14-2012), indigogo (11-19-2012), soccertese (11-13-2012)