View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 07:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs down Sleep way too much

I am an overweight 23 year old female who has had issues with sleep for the past couple years. Growing up, my mom was a night owl, and I adapted to her schedule. I would stay up until 2AM and have to be up for school at 6, etc. In high school, I never got enough sleep because I prefered to stay up late. After high school I took 2 years off, and then started sleeping ALL THE TIME (same on summer break when I was still in school). I find myself staying up until 2-3AM and sleeping until noon, or 1-2PM. I just sleep and sleep and sleep. I have SUCH a hard time getting up in the morning. To me, 9AM is incredibly early.

I have gotten on schedules before, but they've never stuck. And I'm always yawning, always tired. I may be starting a new night job soon, so that might benefit me, but I'm just wondering if anyone knows what could be up? I had blood work done earlier in the year and my thyroid was fine. I do snore, but I have a hard time believing sleep apnea could leave me THIS exhausted ALL the time, but maybe it's coupled with depression?
backsleeper303 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote