View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 09:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you gatorhead for your reply, appreciate it very much. I was confused on size the spinal cord should be. When I checked around on the net I found all different sizes lol. One had 9-11mm and another place said about 14mm and another still 17-18. But no matter what size I realize mine has become too tight in all the levels. I think my worst level is at C6-7 isnt it? Wow, I know you have been there where I know I don't wanna go! I do have some very bad days but most are a 3-4 with the medication. Dr has increased the Amitriptaline to 50 mg at nite so I am getting a little more rest now. Not a lot but an improvement. I didn't put in my post but I have Fibromyalgia also. Sometimes it is hard and confusing to me to distinguish one pain from the other. I just know I hurt but sure don't want that T-shirt. Sorry that you have.

Am I understanding that you had the surgery? If so what exactly did they do and how much better are you now? You know, I read on a different board someone commented to someone else who had a 6mm compression at the same C6-7 level as I and they told them that if they even sneezed wrong they could end up a quad! Definitely an eye opener. Are you saying that there are quadraplegic people who had 60% compression at that level? Wow, I just didn't realize the severity that is possible.

Yes bad news but I would rather have bad news from someone who has been there and possibly help me make the right decision than all good news from someone who hasn't been there and doesn't know what they are talking about.

Please tell me about when and what they did to fix your neck and how you are doing now. Thanx again!
ReeseCup913 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (11-15-2012), mg neck prob (11-14-2012)