View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 09:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevscar View Post
I don't know where your RSD is but will you actually be able to handle the baby. My 9th Grandchild was born 22/10/2010. I've never picked him or held him he caused it to start in my legs when he began to walk and came up to me with his hands out and trod on my toes.

lol.....know how I knew you weren't from America ?

That's a great point though.....and expands on what LL was talking about. I could hold a small baby for a bit, but after they passed 20 pounds, that would be excruciating after a few minutes. There is NO WAY I could do it 87 times a day as a Mom would have to do. Even if I had help for several hours a day, if there was ANY time I was alone with a baby/toddler, it would be awful. I just can't do the lifting.

Everyone is different..... In how our bodies manage pregnancy and how we are dealing with the challenges of RSD. I'll pray for mild symptoms for BBF ! (Congrads !)

CW, good luck making the best decision for you and your family. I hate to sound too discouraging, because I couldn't imagine life without my 2 boys. Motherhood has been such an important part of my life. I just can't imagine doing it over again with RSD.

Nevermind the raising of a child while managing RSD, I can't imagine getting through the pregnancy. If I was off all pain meds (Neurontin, Cymbalta, MSContin, Vicodin) for a few months to clear my system, my husband would have to use a turkey baster, because there is no way I'd be in the mood to make love with no meds. I'd really NEED to have one of those fabled pregnancy remissions. Otherwise, I'd just be bedbound trying to grin and bear it for nine months......and that's certainly not ideal for the baby's health and well being.

How are you managing now, CW ? I'm disabled even with meds, so that certainly 'colors' my thoughts on managing a pregnancy and childraising. Where is your rsd ? How functional are you now ? Do you still work ? How much help, exactly, could you get from friends and family ?

I remember the fantasy of pushing a babycarriage through the park and thinking life was perfect. Make your plans not based on that vision.....or on your worst pain day. Make it after someheartfelt talks about all the pros and cons, risks and rewards, emergency plans, etc.

Best of luck !

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote