View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 10:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZZ74 View Post
Against all my doctors wishes including a big no from Philadelphia

For those suffering at the level I was with full body at those levels of both pain and those amounts of narcotics I want u to know u do have an option.

Hi CZ,

That's FANTASTIC !

I'm so happy for you. As much as we would all like a long term cure, or long term break on the pain, I've found even a brief period of low/no pain is critical. It's so easy to become overwhelmed by the depression that most of us with chronic pain of any type have to deal with. A low/no pain period gives us hope. Hope for a better future than the mire we were in before seeing that reason to hope for more.

Just one of the problems we all have to deal with is that all of the options that might allieviate our pain do not seem attainable. I feel blessed right now with a neuro who is knowledgable enough and brave enough to order sufficient narcotics to manage my current pain. An unsubstantiated sanction by my insurance company on another matter for this doc means that my meds aren't covered and I have to pay privately. I can't find a doc who is in my insurance plan to order the meds.

Many options that have been effective for some.....like adequate pain meds, ketamine treatments, or an implantable pain pump can be very difficult or impossible for some patients to acquire. Docs who aren't knowledgable, insurance plans who decline authorization, WC refusing recommended treatments, no insurance.....all can impact our access to treatments that could help.

I'm so happy for you that you prevailed over the docs who didn't agree and have found some relief. I hope that brings you peace in life.....and hope for a better future.

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote