View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 12:26 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftTalker View Post
I have had lots going on for a couple of weeks.

Add some "situational stress" - (just an ordinary household problem that occured yesterday) (Sunday). The "fix" would have been a snap if I didn't have MG. Had to ask for help from adult son. Thankfully he was available and was able to "fix" the problem.

And then I got sick early this morning from last night's take-out food that my son and daughter in law brought to me yesterday. Should have known better. I don't usually eat Chinese take-out. Still feeling nauseated.

Still need to pick up a little from my visit from my helpers, son and DIL, and beautiful, active granddaughters - who are three and one.

Add a terrible head ache.

Wahhh wahhhh wahhhhh, I know. Not a big deal.

But it can be, for people with MG. And of course, others with chronic illness(es).

But today, for me it is a big deal. I know that other illness, infection, pain, etc. can exacerbate MG. So far that hasn't happened.

I just feel sick and tired and weak and want to stay under my covers all day.

Taking a day off from life - you know, the "I can touch you" world. At least I am going to try to.

Sorry for complaining.

I am complaining to this group and not to people around me. They KNOW when I am very ill, but this general "overall malaise" seems too insignifant to talk to family about.

I haven't seen hardly any posts like this. No problem with that. We all need the facts about myasthenia.

But just wondering -
???? Anyone else ever feel the need to "Take A Day Off From Life"????

I am very grateful I don't have a job or other responsibilities that must be taken care of today.

Because I am having a Not Feeling Well Day.

Sigh.........

Putting laptop away and going to take a big rest.

Be well, group. I hope no one else is is having one of these days...............

SoftTalker Sue
So sorry Sue. I actually schedule those days when my MG is getting the best of me. And it helps. TV or book and nothing else. My MG is bad the day after a stress - argument with my husband or any other stressful situation. Some guy went road rage on me the other day for no reason - he was in the wrong lane and got mad when I didn't drive off the road for him. He followed me for 10 miles. The next day - MG alert. So I took a day off from life and then the following day, I felt better.
JennieM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote