View Single Post
Old 04-29-2007, 11:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Beth's question answered :)

To answer your questions

My right side was actually my worse one. That one has been operated 3 times ( rib resection, sympathectomy, lat-flap); the left was done twice - they just did the rib resection and sympathectomy all in one procedure and the lat-flap.

The purpose of wrapping the plexus with that latissimus muscle is to prevent scar tissue from growing all over it again, like it did after the rb resections. The effectiveness will only be shown with time, which I was willing to take the risk. They told me this will never be done routinely - its a big surgery and I really had no other options left.

Fortunately, the nausea is improving. I cut out the Skelaxin...but I am having tightness so we will have to figure something out just to help me through this. I am trying to wean off Oxycontin too...oh man I went through the big-time withdrawals just skipping a dose last weekend because I felt ok - like "I feel ok, so why take oral, long-acting morphine?" Big mistake! WEAN WEAN WEAN, lol.

I have to find a nursing job that has NO lifting. I am on lifting restrictions for a year, which makes it hard. My manager in the ICU is trying to help me find something in my hospital. The quicker I get something light duty (I applied for case management - keep your fingers crossed!) - the quicker I can have an income. We got invited to a wedding in Jamaica on my birthday and I want to GO!!

I forgot who the nurse was at P/SL...there was very good ones there and a night nurse who scared me. I think I was on a different floor then I was last time. It's kind of hazy, lol

Thank you all for your well wishes! I appreciate your thoughts

Jen

Quote:
Originally Posted by beth View Post
That's great to hear! I have been waiting rather anxiously - it's really good to hear that all is DONE!

Was this your worst side originally - you've had 2 previous surgeries on the left, both in NY, right? Wow, that side's been through battle! Do they think scar matter will be a big problem again, or was there anything new they tried to prevent this?

Sounds like some interesting photos!

Hope the nausea stops soon if it hasn't already - what's the word on return-to-work?

Was our "favorite" nurse still at P-SL?

beth
Jensrib is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote