View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 02:36 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Memory

IMO memory can be over rated. When every day is a slog thru pain and confusion being obsessed with ones previous ability to recall is counter productive. I felt better and stressed less when I stopped worrying about it.

I still forget. If I have something in my hand and put it down, I know I may forget about it completely. This comes into play in a professional setting. But if you are here hopefully healing is your priority and not working. I am going on 3 weeks return to work.

The memory issue can be a big deal but I am restricted on duties and refuse to put or allow myself to be put in an unsafe position. In my line of work protocol and safety standards must be met. If not then my health and life as well as others are risked.

What I know all to well about memory is with a good safety net. Such as spouse, friends, family and hopefully one or more DR's memory matters very little. Where it does seem to matter is work performance. But then again if ones life centers around work and only work it does not leave much room for anything else. There is a world out there that has nothing to do with work and one only needs to step into it.

Can not stress how important it is to just be able to be in the moment and be aware. So many little success's and joys will happen and if we are not paying attention they will slip away while we are unaware.

To see the divine in the moment.
rmschaver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote