Old 11-14-2012, 08:55 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang0227 View Post
mrs d do you have any idea why im getting paraesthesias everywhere on my whole body from the top of my head to my toes? i have been doing some reading and read that small fiber neuropathy usually doesnt present all over the body everywhere like that. this along with the abnormal protein in my blood should i be concerned about multiple sclerosis? the paresthesias feel like static shocks, or sometimes burning feelings like hot grease hitting your skin in small areas on random spots of my body. sometimes more than one area at a time. the doctors now want to send me to mayo clinic in jacksonville. is this small fiber neuropathy or something more serious coming from the brain?
I have no idea. Something you are eating could be doing this.
Nightshade vegetables can be very irritating to those who cannot tolerate them. Gluten in wheat/rye/barley can affect nerves too. MSG additive is very irritating and stimulates the NMDA pain receptor.

Have you started a magnesium supplement yet. Do you soak in epsom salts? (another way to get magnesium into yourself).

What are you doing? Did you stop your supplement yet in case it is the culprit? You don't tell us what you are doing besides that nerve supplement.

PN requires some participation by the patient, because commonly something in the environment is bothering you or stimulating this. Proteins in the blood are not MS. MS is a deterioration of myelin which insulates axons of the nerve cells.
Low Vit D also can cause all over paresthesias. As can acid/base problems and other electrolyte aberrations.
Not all PNs are environmental, but a great many are. So focusing there can be helpful.

Have you seen a hematologist to explain your blood work yet?

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote