View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 11:47 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

filipe, I am sorry to hear about your condition and I can sympathized because I felt that way too when I first developed similar problems. Please put your mind to rest about your child not having the benefit of two fully active parents. Kids can and do grow up and thrive in many situations. IMHO, an involved, concerned and loving parent, which you obviously are, trumps any disability.

As has already been said, in the short term, get your symptoms under control and better managed to improve your quality of life, lessen your stress level and allow you to focus on the long term.

With regards to the biopsy, please wait for the results, but I must caution you and others about the results. I am seeing a doctor at Mass General who specializes in SFN and explained the difficulties of biopsy. He said at one time he did them frequently but discovered in too many cases the nerve counts were normal or near normal when there was clearly a problem. He also saw cases where the nerve counts were abnormally low and there was no associated problems. He definitely uses them when the neuropathy appears to be advancing rapidly. But in general, when the neuropathy is not advancing, it does not take him in any new diagnostic direction.

I will repeat and reinforce what others have said. Do not let anyone tell you this is a psychosomatic problem that is all in your head!
dac122 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote