View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 01:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default pcs or permanent Brain Damage?

Hi... My name is Sara, I am 38... On August 7th, I went down an alpine slide ride, had severe whiplash and also tore up my knee on the same ride. I was feeling much better but went under general anesthesia to repair my knee on Sept 17th and have not been the same since. My major struggles are dizziness/nausea and sensitivity to fluorescent lighting. Going into a Target or Best Buy makes me feel sick. I also feel like I am always off balance. I have no cognitive deficits...just all physical. I used to be an exercise instructor and am an attorney. Based on what I am feeling and getting NO improvement from day to day, I am assuming the general anesthesia caused permanent brain damage. I am on 20 mg of Amitriptyline because I was having trouble sleeping. The Amitriptyline also keeps headaches at bay. Because of all the nausea and dizziness I have lost about 20 pounds in 3 months. I honestly can not imagine living "sick" like this for the rest of my life. Does the nausea and dizziness ever end? I am in complete despair and break down every day. Before this happened, I was never a crier. I hope there is someone out there who can give me hope
Sara from Minnesota is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rrae (11-14-2012)