View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 01:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
I have no idea. Something you are eating could be doing this.
Nightshade vegetables can be very irritating to those who cannot tolerate them. Gluten in wheat/rye/barley can affect nerves too. MSG additive is very irritating and stimulates the NMDA pain receptor.

Have you started a magnesium supplement yet. Do you soak in epsom salts? (another way to get magnesium into yourself).

What are you doing? Did you stop your supplement yet in case it is the culprit? You don't tell us what you are doing besides that nerve supplement.

PN requires some participation by the patient, because commonly something in the environment is bothering you or stimulating this. Proteins in the blood are not MS. MS is a deterioration of myelin which insulates axons of the nerve cells.
Low Vit D also can cause all over paresthesias. As can acid/base problems and other electrolyte aberrations.
Not all PNs are environmental, but a great many are. So focusing there can be helpful.

Have you seen a hematologist to explain your blood work yet?
I can't recall why I'm taking Magnesium, other than reading that it helps PN somehow. Can you explain in simple terms what help Magnesium does for PN?
Jesse M is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote