View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 04:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Sara,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. Sorry to hear you got hurt on such a fun ride.

You likely have PCS with chemo brain from the anesthesia on top. Your brain needs a good detoxifying. I have a nutrition and supplement regimen I recommend in the thread titles Vitamin Supplements.

Some people are very sensitive to the anesthesia chemicals. You might contact the anesthesiologist and see if he/she has any tips for you.

Otherwise, are you getting quiet rest? You concussed brain needs it.

Please tell us about your daily routine so we can recommend how to improve it to get quiet rest.

As others said, you are early in your recovery. Chemo brain from anesthesia can take quite some time. I am sensitive to anesthesia and took about a year to get my brain clear after having knee surgery in 1987. My biggest problem was balance when first standing up from sitting. I had to learn to get up slower.

Have you tried consuming ginger to help with the nausea? It is a proven help. With your weight loss, you could munch on ginger snap cookies. You can also grind fresh ginger root at add it to juices.

Hope this help.

Please let us know how you are doing.

My best to you.
Mark... I sent a huge reply but not sure how this all works? Hoping it just has not shown up yet?
Sara from Minnesota is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote