View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 04:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tosmother View Post
Hi, Romans8, How are you feeling today? I'm so glad that we have LosingHope here to answer all our questions! I hope you both are still on this forum when we get home from surgery....I have a feeling that I'm going to need you both

I hope that you are getting better each day. Know that we are still praying for you!

Take care of yourself.

Well, since you asked, hello from the hospital. Nothing is ever easy for me. About 5 days ago I developed a pain in my lower rib cage. I thought it was a pulled muscle reaction from the surgery. It grabbed when I took a deep breath. My wife kept telling me I needed to get it checked out but I refused. By yesterday it was serious so I contacted Dr. P and my local doctor who referred me. Both said I needed a chest X-ray. I went to the ER and got the chest X-ray. I knew it was not good when they said I needed a CT scan. CT confirmed a very large pulmonary embolism! I am so glad we came in. I am in bed on blood thinners. I hope to go home tomorrow but I will be on this medicine for months at a minimum and have to be very careful in what I do because of bleeding.

Fortunately they have found no leg clots or heart problems. I have always had a strong heart from being athletic before TOS. This was solely a freak thing from the surgery. It is likely due to me not moving around enough the first few days or so. Dr. P was so sorry and said this is the first time this happened in more than a thousand of these surgeries. I believe him. I do encourage people to move around as much as you can after the surgery. I will get through this and hopefully start PT for TOS next week. I hope the blood thinners are not needed long term and thankful a bigger disaster was averted.

Thanks to each of you for your thoughts and prayers.
romans8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (11-14-2012), LosingHope (11-14-2012), NerPain4 (11-20-2012), Nottherightkindofdr (11-16-2012)