View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 05:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara from Minnesota View Post
Chris... can you tell me what your symptoms are and how you are living your days?
My symptoms (worst at the top):
-tingly throbbing on the back/sides of my head when I concentrate too long
-upper neck / lower scull pain
-hyperacusis (tinnitus in ears / plugged ears)
-sleep issues
-sensitive to noise
-anxiety and depression

Sorry but it doesn't sound like my days are as difficult to get through as yourself. I go to work. Try not to overstimulate for extended periods. Try to eat healthy with supplements. Try to get extra sleep. I too have 2 kids (3/4 and 3.5)... although they make it very hard to rest, they ensure that I keep on the right track.

The only thing getting me through this is some of the knowledge that I've gathered along the way that makes me realize that I will get better. And I now have a much brighter outlook on life, I'm more willing to take risks, and I want to change myself into a better person. I had a few lifestyle problems before my accident, but now I am using this horrible experience as a catalyst to work toward something that I never would have considered before.

BTW if death really sounds like an easier way then you need to get professional help immediately. Depression was the hardest thing for me at the beginning, but when I found out that anxiety/depression are symptoms of PCS I realized that these thoughts in my brain were working against me and that I couldn't control them. I try to remind myself every now and then that it's probably not as bad as my brain is telling me it is.
Chris4329 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote