View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 07:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by concussedlawyer View Post
Sarah,
I'm sorry you are feeling so terrible. And yes, others have felt that they wanted to die, so you are not a freak. This is a very isolating illness. I recently saw the movie "I am" and the director had PCS and said that for the first couple of months he wanted to die-but then 6 months in it the PCS magically cleared up one day. Some people do have that experience; for me it has been a gradual recovery over 2.5 years. For me I found taking things one day at a time, meditating and doing less have been helpful. I find when I do things like church or indoor soccer, I feel much worse. A trip to the mall with my pre-teen daughter can wipe me out. Now I am much better then I was initially but I still have to plan for events like a trip to the mall. In fact, I have just asked a friend, who has been volunteering to help, to take my daughter to buy a dress. In terms of socializing, I can sometimes do one on one talking with a friend, but other times it is just too much effort.
Please kee[ posting, we are here for you!!

Concussed lawyer
Thank you so much for your insight..... I will have to rent that movie. Can you share your story and symptoms with me? Are you working, can you work out? I am so sorry to hear about what you have been through but am happy to hear about your progress .... BUT it seems so long and it seems like you still have to avoid certain situations. I guess I am still in the phase of forcing myself to take the kids to, for an example, Toys R Us, and then being in agony. Did you have sensitivity to fluorescent lighting?
Sara from Minnesota is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
concussedlawyer (11-14-2012), Theta Z (11-15-2012)