View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 09:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

From reading your posts you may very well be overdoing it. Pushing yourself is not good IMO. The neurologist I see recommended this which ended in a ER visit and one angry ER doctor. ER doctor told me my return to work was too early and was not happy with the nuero. BTW early in my recovery my employer pushed very aggressively to keep me at work. That ended with two ER visits and a three day hospital stay.

How is your safety net? Can your family and or friends help? While food is nice what you need is help with the running around, cleaning... Also trying to manage all the health care is too stressful. One thing I feel helped me most was the two months straight of my just seating in a recliner looking out my back window ALL DAY LONG. So lots of very low stimulation and no physical activity. Either my wife or father in law drove me around and was present for all visits.

Even then there were times I was on the verge of breaking down. It is not uncommon to have a psychiatrist on your health care team for PCS. It is your brain that is injured and yet we try to rationalize with said injured organ. It is like running a marathon on a broken leg. Not a good idea.

Hope you feel better soon We know and feel your pain

To see the divine in the moment.
rmschaver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Theta Z (11-15-2012)