Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Did you read that thread?

WalMart carries a product called SlowMag and also its generic
behind the pharmacy counter, Mag64.

If you decide to use that one, which is a good product initially made for doctors to prescribe to their patients, then you would
take one of them twice a day.

All magnesium products contain "elemental" magnesium.
Some are not absorbed though, as I just described. Others may or may not put the elemental value on the label. This is voluntary and not required by law. All they need to state is the total amount in each dose. It is up to you to know which works better. That is why I made that thread on our vitamin forum.

So if you go to WalMart, get the SlowMag.

Or you can go online and get another type like magnesium glycinate, which some use with success.

I would not recommend you use a "detox" program, as you don't really know what you have going on. I have little experience with cleansing etc, and only an expert in this can really help you, once you have a better handle on it.

Start with known problems, and supplement them. Blood work for magnesium is not useful in the middle ranges. Serum levels do not mean much as it is the intracellular magnesium that is working. Very Very low results or very very high ones, can be evaluated by doctors as critical events. But the "normal" mid range does not reflect what is going on inside you on a day to day basis. Tests that measure intracellular levels are better, like Spectracell.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 11-15-2012 at 01:22 AM.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote