View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 10:48 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi,

I would like to add here if I may.

I, for one, agree, with Mark on the 6 segment YouTube called "You Look Great." Nicely put together, and worth the look, listen and family watch.

I also do not agree with Mayo's approach on pushing it.

Its your body and brain - listen to it - do not overdo.

I do not have the contracts for the child care, but over the past 2 1/2 years from my injury I had the contracts with self to deal with patient care, obligations for family responsibility to provide for them, and work, and provide for my supervising physician's patients' care in a hospital setting, both in the hospital rounding setting and in the surgical suite - surgical assisting. Pushing became a literal nightmare and symptoms became so bad that I was forced by my own responsibility to pull out of settings and limit myself to the point of being worthless to the patients, the physicians and the employing hospital - needless to say I was terminated.

My Neurologist upped my meds repeatedly to no avail, and eventually, when out of work, and finally settling into not working and actually RESTING, new meds began working when we found the right dosing - headaches (daily) resolved to a much more tolerable level, other symptoms settled into a more tolerable level, only few cognitives remain and are being addressed.

Please, continue your vitamin , mineral, herbal regimens; listen to your body; REST; back off to the point that your body is satisfied - even if its cutting back on what you are doing by greater than 50%.

Find that restful music, that restful state, and let yourself have that time to begin the real healing process.............it will mean that your docs will have to listen to your schedule, that you set, including resetting your therapy schedule.........they don't get to push you, you set the pace.

Be Good to yourself, and give your body the time it wants for healing.
Concussion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark in Idaho (11-15-2012), Su seb (03-17-2013), Theta Z (11-15-2012)