View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 12:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Yes but with botox only, there is a 10% risk of toxin spreading, it is very expensive, there is a resistance risk, and it last only 3 months, and there are risks of general weakness.. Botox is not cool.

So one injection yes, but not more. The more injections, the more risks you take, until it become innefective or you go broke lol (10 units = 100$, you need at least 60 each time for one side..) Botox is good, but we can't realy use it.

So we realy, realy need to have a permanent, if possible reversible 'botox like' for exemple botox + antiigf1, ricin-mAb35 etc..

would be better and way safer than surgery.

At least having active researchs on this would be very cool.

Weakening agents are very rare and they are like graal to us Specially to those with young onset and a vascular component.

But why no one care about weakening agents ? Are they satisfied with BOTOX or even surgery ? It seem that there are very promising agents but no one study them. always botox botox botox..

Why only 5 studies on ricin-mAb35 ? I just don't get it.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=ricin-mAb35

In addition, in TOS i think there are hidden problems (if i trust what i have read the last months) :

1) A predisposition to thrombosis
2) Chronic cerebrospinal venous insufficiency with cerebral hypoxia (wich is a bad thing... a very bad thing when you look at sleep apnea consequences, or hypoxia consequences)
3) A risk of sudden hearing loss (i have rumble in ears sometimes, and when i exercice i can feel pulsations on the base of my neck. I don't know what is going on but it sucks, that is sure.)
4) A risk of renaud syndrome, fibromyalgia (if there is pain), crps.
5) I hope no but, maybe stroke

Having vascular compression is not without risks.

This is why i am actually very motivated to find a permanent weakening agent (one day), not just pain relief. I don't feel safe. TOS is a potentialy big problem to me, even if mild or near asymptomatic.

Maybe take a look at this, an other interesting agent :

"Long-term efficacy of local doxorubicin chemomyectomy in patients with blepharospasm and hemifacial spasm."
On humans Date : 1998 The last human study on this..

Sixteen (59%) of the initial series of 27 patients completed the treatment. Of these, all are apparently cured or their symptoms significantly ameliorated.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9479297

Why not trying or investigate this thing ? i just ask, maybe it is not possible for some reasons. Maybe it is not so safe.. don't know. There is an inflammation risk but it can be prevented.

I mean, why millions of dollars to study BOTOX, with 5 new studies each day ? Results are always the same.. cool but limited in time.

And 0$ to others agent, and 0 study.. Frustrating

Edit : Oh god when i start talking i never stop

Last edited by boytos; 11-15-2012 at 05:34 PM.
boytos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote