Old 11-15-2012, 03:34 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblyshar View Post
Hi there,

Just seeing if anyone has a response to my question below.

Thanks!
levodopa, the active ingredient in mucana, may reduce tremor but everyone is different.
if i were you, i'd have the doctor put your father on sinemet, if it helps then try adding in mucana. the end result is you are taking l-dopa with either. with mucana, you have no idea what you are getting, not saying it's junk but if you really want to know if your father can have a significant improvement in the quality of his life, you'd find out pretty quickly with sinemet, i noticed a difference in a day. levodopa is a naturally occurring amino acid, the other substance in sinemet is carbidopa.

keep in mind that everyone who has posted here about a benefit from mucana is taking a pd drug which contains a drug that slows down the breakdown of levodopa either in the peripheral tissues or the brain. you actually have to take a lot more levodopa in the form of mucana than you would with sinemet because much more of it is broken down before it reaches the brain.

the doctor doesn't want to put your father on meds, did he say why? cuz your're going to do the same thing with mucana, it isn't harmless.
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote