Thread: Neurogenic TOS
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 05:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brmr19 View Post
Joshuamr, I can tell you that I have been in law enforcement for 19 years and my problems started two years ago. I have had two surgeries on my left side Sept 2011 and July 2012. I still have nerve issues. I do have ATOS and NTOS bilateral. I have been doing therapy ever since and had to be put on disability. I am in Ohio, and our law here gives me five years to return where the city that I worked for has to give me back my position if I can make it back. I still lack the strength in my left arm to pass the city doctors tests, so I continue to go to therapy. Everybody is different and responds to the surgery and healing with varied results, so it depends on how your body responds. Good Luck and my prayers are with you. I miss the job very much. As you know there is a special bond between coworkers that you put your trust with, and I miss being around my coworkers. I fight everyday with this TOS, but I refuse to let it beat me. Keep up the good fight.
Hey brmr19, thanks for the response. Sorry to hear that the surgeries haven't eliminated your nerve problems. That is what I was concerned with as well. My injury was job related so the way it works here is they keep me out "restricted duty". I can remain in this capacity for quite some time. Still have to go to work and sit at a desk. If I do get surgery, which is very likely, they will probably keep me for a few months and evaluate my chances of coming back 100%. The particular thing that I was worried about is what you said, the arm strength. Since it was an on the job injury, after the evaluation they make their determination if I get disability or not. I can imagine how u miss the job and the people you work with, it's a job that brings people close to one another. Good luck to you in your healing, and I pray you get back to the job you love.
Joshuamr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote