View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 06:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bean View Post
Here is a RECIPE FOR MUCUNA BALLS :
In a medium saucepan mix:
2/3 C stevia tea (can use any sweetened juice)
1/3 C cocoa powder (can do part carob powder or all carob)
1/4 C powder milk
1/4 C smart balance spread or butter
Bring this to a boil and simmer 3 minutes
Then, quickly add 1 teas vanilla extract
1/3 C peanut butter (I use Smuckers Natural that has to be stirred)
1/8 C Ground oatmeal
1/2 C mucuna powder
2 TBS agave syrup
2 pkts TruVia sweetener
1/2 C ground pumpkin seed
1/8 C ground flax seed
Mix together quickly.. If mix is too wet to make balls ...add more ground oatmeal/
Make 66 balls /(walnut size) if too dry add alittle more juice
It should stick together like cookie balls. You can substitute anything you like for things in this recipe...play with it and get the taste you like (date sugar/ sorghum molasses are good. A half Cup of mucuna powder divided into 66 pretty even balls should give you about 30 mg l-dopa each if I figured right....anyone else messed with this has has a different measure...please let me know. I have squashed and dehydrated the balls so they don't have to be frozen and are more portable for going away from home. I still keep them in the freezer until needed so they maintain medicinal value. Hope this makes sense
I personally only use a mucuna bean or ball when I have to do something I can't normally do...like pull-start a weedeater or lawn mower / or like today may eat one because I have old hay to fork and move to the garden (2 big round bales that are old and decomposing that a neighbor just put over the fence line for me) Fava tincture just seems to be exactly what I need in normal everyday life..mucuna is great support for speed and power for me, but I still just take only one ball or one frozen steamed bean. Blessings.

Thank you so much for this recipe.

1/2 cup with all the other ingredients divided by 60 seems as though the mucuna is stretched very thinly. How big are the balls?
shetawk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote