View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 08:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Better news than ever expected

Beyond Belief!!!!!! No additional surgery. He said there are problems that are deffinately painful but not structurally significant and the implant will take care of the pain. Why operate there? He said he agrees with the road map that Pain Man gave him and said he is not going to use a paddle because he wants to avoid a lammie if at all possible. He said the bone quality is poor and does not want to be messing with it anymore than needed but we agreed that the plan MIGHT change once he is in there. He promised not to change the plan without waking me up first and discussing it with me. It currently looks like it will be done on an outpatient basis IF I stay with my younger daughter for a few days and watch everthing.

Here's the big surprise. He can't do it until December 26th at the earliest and accomodate Chris' schedule. The current plan is to have the surgery and go back to my younger daughter's house and have a big family Christmas, including the Cookeville branch. The whole family will be together for the first time on Christmas in decades.

He knows my problem with post op UTIs so he said they would empty my bladder with a pediatric cath. that you would use for a clean catch once an hour and avoid the UTI that way. It's all falling together in a way that I could never have pulled off myself............an absolute miracle.

Last edited by Spiney95; 11-15-2012 at 08:11 PM. Reason: sp
Spiney95 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hannabananna (11-16-2012), Mark56 (11-16-2012), Rrae (11-16-2012), SnowWhyte (11-16-2012), tkayewade (11-18-2012)