View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 09:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by shengggmd View Post
i am actually trying to drive this point across in another thread. VTOS and NTOS are two totally different disease processed. VTOS is by definition compression of the subclavian vein at costoclavicular space ( the space between your collar bone and your first rib ) NTOS is the compression of brachial plexus in scalene triangle (triangle consist of anterior scalene, middle scalene and first rib ) These are two separate spaces. In my experience ( close to 260 cases in the past two years). the best diagnostic test is a invasive procedure called venogram ( done by a catheter in the affected arm vein and contrast dye injected under x-ray ) this is the gold standard for VTOS dx. MRI or MRV or MRA is not the test of choice. the universal symptom of VTOS( aka effort thrombosis) is arm swelling.
Thank you for the clarification. I am just now trying to get a correct diagnosis. Originally this was WC and spent more time with attorneys and retirement boards reviews than physicians. Yes I know I have ntos and aware of the scalene triangle compression. Recently developed vascular symptoms. Have yet to see a vascular surgeon. I was side tracked with a MCA aneurysm clip and finding a cause of debilatating pulsatile tinnitus. Do not have Dural fistula ruled by Cerebral angiogram.
So in general can or is pulsatile tinnitus a symptom of arterial or venous TOS.
tic2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote