View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 10:32 PM
N/A

10 yr Member
N/A

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tic2 View Post
Thank you for the clarification. I am just now trying to get a correct diagnosis. Originally this was WC and spent more time with attorneys and retirement boards reviews than physicians. Yes I know I have ntos and aware of the scalene triangle compression. Recently developed vascular symptoms. Have yet to see a vascular surgeon. I was side tracked with a MCA aneurysm clip and finding a cause of debilatating pulsatile tinnitus. Do not have Dural fistula ruled by Cerebral angiogram.
So in general can or is pulsatile tinnitus a symptom of arterial or venous TOS.
Short answer is no. Arterial TOS patient 99% time present with pulsatile mass in supraclavicular area related to the aneurysmal degeneration of subclavian artery. Aneurysms in this are can do two things 1. throw clots down to the finger tips. 2 thrombose and completely occlude and cause limb loss. 1% patient can present with vertebral artery stroke because vert. a comes off subclavian artery when subclavian artery thrombosis clots can got to brain. I have seen it once. Venous TOS in additional to arm swelling can cause pulmonary embolism ( i think of the hansons brothers (the band) had VTOS with PE) . should not give you pulsatile tinnitus.
shengggmd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
NerPain4 (11-17-2012), tic2 (11-16-2012)