View Single Post
Old 04-30-2007, 07:42 AM
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member

Ok then...I wasn't going to admit this because I'm ashamed (well maybe ashamed is too strong a word) that it happened but since you're going to be so freaking honest again...dam I get tired of that! ...here goes.

A couple of weeks ago when our oldest daughter was home for a few days...we invited my sister to go to the big outlet Mall that's about 35 mins away. It was a lovely warm sunny day and we had been having a good time together. On the drive home, trunk full of various treasures, I realized that I had a van coming right up on me....tailgating me about 5 inches off my rearend. The speed limit was 55 and I was going about 53 on a two lane road with light traffic.

I tapped my brakes....no effect...I put on my hazzard lights and they backed right off...then came right back up on me so I slowed way down. She, yes, it was a woman, pulled out around me and as she sailed past me...I gave her the finger.

She slammed on her brakes....jumped out of her car and marched up to me who had also stopped in the middle of the road by this time. I rolled down my window as this woman in maybe her early 30ties approached me..yelling something.

And then I had to laugh to myself because I could see recognition coming into her eys....an old white haired lady had given her "the bird". Her demeanor changed....I got a lecture about being careful who I "flipped off" because the world was full of dangerous people....~sigh~ And I just kept saying that it was very dangerous to tailgate people. She also had her left tail light out.

It was a classic example of road rage. She finally got back in her van after saying "God Bless You"....ROFL...and drove off.

My big sister was terrified and couldn't believe that I'd done such a stupid thing....she reminded me that I'm always telling her not to make eye contact with other drivers.

My daughter stiffled a giggle and then went home and told Mr.Alffe on me.

Alffe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote