View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 02:50 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Rach, It's nice to see you again.

“Two strong-minded individuals are the first winners of an award for standing up for science…."

That first sentence alone told me all I needed to know. Male doctors are "strong-minded" and then female sick patients must be "weak-minded."

There is so much prejudice - instead of truly scientific thinking - out there in medicine that it makes me nuts.

Did you know that they narrowed down Gulf War Syndrome somewhat? One of the many vaccines that was given to Vets was the Anthrax vaccine. I will bet you a disease that they experimented on our Vets. One of the adjuvant ingredients in the vaccine is Squalene, which can supercharge the immune system. Not so great if you have a family history of that. In this case, however, the Vets got ANTIBODIES to squalene. That's right, Squalene Antibodies. It created a very real neurological condition!

There is too much we don't know about the human body or what can go wrong to be so damn arrogant. Uh-oh, there I go being reactive or overreactive or hysterical or somato-psycho-hypochondriacally-estrogenated again.

If they listened to us "mere patients" more often, they might actually learn something.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
alice md (11-16-2012), rach73 (11-16-2012), wild_cat (11-16-2012)