View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 12:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodstock3 View Post
parbie, I am sorry that your recovery is moving so slowly. From everything I have ready on here and on the TOS support group, a good PT is crucial in having a good outcome from surgery or helping in avoiding surgery. Just like you I have been seeing someone who has never treated TOS - and I am actually getting worse from the treatment. When I told them I wanted to avoid certain things, they got an attitude and said I had to push thru the pain. grrrr I have decided not to continue because being in painful flares for days is not worth it. I will continue my search which will mean driving a long distance (driving is not easy with TOS ) and I have also started learning the Alexander Technique. It has been very helpful with posture and movement. I hope you have finally found a PT who will help you get stronger. Best of luck to you in your recovery!
Thanks for the support Woodstock I am glad to say I have found a great new therapist. However, this week she saw I was improving (good news) but she got too excited and added new exercises which have flared me up Hopefully next week will go better. I will only be seeing her til Mid December and then I am moving again so time for another therapist! It sucks to keep switching especially after finding someone good but I spoke to several therapists over the phone who say they are familiar with TOS, my big requirement is also having that manual certification because I swear the manual work my current therapist has been doing has definitely helped me improve in a matter of 2 weeks. Good luck to you as well in finding a great therapist! PM me if you would like me to send the protocols I have and been using, I can attach them as docs via email and they may help your new therapist in better understanding how to treat you.
parbie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Iris (02-19-2013), Woodstock3 (11-16-2012)