View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 03:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Yes I am 6 feet 145 lbs. Skinny guy.

My diet is clean. Rarely do I eat fried stuff, junk food, or sodas. Limited red meat.

Some have suggested piriformis syndrome, and initially I felt my symptoms matched it. However I did the piriformis stretches/massage religiously and had a piriformis steroid/anesthetic injection without any results.

Have had acupuncture, no effect.

Early bloodwork determined low vitamin D (doesn't half of the country have low vit D?) and so I took supplements for 2 months but no difference. Have also tried joint supplements (glucosamine/MSM and such) without any help.

Neither MRIs nor EMGs have shown nerve impingement. There is very slight bulging of a couple of discs but nothing that should be resulting in this much pain per the docs. They say my discs are well hydrated.

When this first started, the area under my glutes was really tender, but since then I have had only mild tenderness across there and have not been able to identify any trigger points that are sensitive.

One x-ray indicated I had very mild dextroscolosis but again nothing that should be resulting in this much pain every day.

I just don't know what I'm going to do. I can't face the prospect of waking up early to this much pain every day for the rest of my life.
hurtstosit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote