View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 09:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quandry - great to hear that you are feeling better!!! I would love to take a little "magic pill"!! Are they going to try IVIG on you??

Annie- I had read that you had the same antibodies, so I was trying to private message you, but didn't know how to unless I "friended" you.. is there another way?? My name is Allison They did send it to Mayo.. How do you think the IVIG would affect it?? You think it would be more likely to give a false positive or false negative?? I looked back at my records, and can't find that anyone else ever tested that specific test, I was going to compare it.. They think I am celiac (I have been completely strictly gluten free for almost 2 years now- as all of this started I had MAJOR GI issues and lost liek 25lbs in 6 weeks or so, it was crazy!!), i have 2 family members with it too.. However, I have never mounted antibodies to vaccines or illnesses (hep B vaccine, varicella - i had chicken pox and the vaccine, MMR vaccine - all my titers are ALWAYS negative.. as are my fathers?!!), so that makes me think I do have some sort of immune deficiency, therefore complicating all of these many antibody tests.. so when a test does come back slightly positive, everyone seems to take note a little more (my ANA has been elevated, sjogrens and CMV, thats it though) ..

So, what do you think about the level being 20 with the IVIG? I Have my repetitive stim on tuesday and am nervous, about the results, not the test, shock me a ton if it will give me good, happy, treatable answers!
bny806 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote