View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 11:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks Annie.. I know.. I do fine most of the time, but give me a Dr's appointment (neuros only), and I get wigged out really quickly.. I think being in that Dr's office all alone on a friday with a 3 month old being told it could be ALS... Ok see ya monday for the EMG.. did a mental number on me... I did take some anxiety meds occasionally for a few months during those few months of decline.. but I really didn't like doing that.. but after so many dr's told me I was so anxious, I began to think - maybe my symptoms are all just from anxiety haha- i wish.. No, I don't meditate, and probably should.. I used to do yoga.. and the best stress relief was running, or hiking in the mountains.. I am a tightly wound - used to be energetic person, so I think when I have this built up mental energy - not being able to physically release it, builds up.. schedule a dr's apt with that = freak out mode..

Sometimes I'm able to tell myself it is what it is, i can't change it.. and then I think of my kids, and how much I want to be here, and do things with them, then the worry really sets in.. but I know it doesn't help a thing , worry.. but still sometimes my mind gets the best of me..

I have been checked for H pylori- it was negative.. they put me on H2 blockers after the endoscopy..I took them for a while, and then just stopped as I felt I had so many meds coming at me, and the neuro symptoms started and I had no idea what the cause was, so I backed off - since being gluten free I don't have the esophagitis I used to feel.. though if i do get a hold of gluten, i get the worse LUQ pain.. I can tell when i accidently ingest it now..

I will try to calm down.. I think also trying to be strong for my family and never being able to release that mental energy, since no one can really understand anyways.. builds up.. most of my friends are stressed out about shopping for their vacations - ha.. so it's hard to relate sometimes.

Thanks again - I will hydrate hydrate hydrate.. and pray that my results give us answers, and good ones with good treatments! It's been a year since my last EMG/NCV.. but never had SFEMG or repetitive stim..
bny806 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote