View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 05:31 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hello~ I have a question and thank you doctor for answering questions about TOS.

I had the "TOS MRI/MRA" done in Northern California and on the MRA images, the left side just showed one tiny blood vessel blocked off in the arms up position. The right side, with the arms up, had a complete gap with all the blood vessels in what looked like a 2 inch segment black on the images. It was a dramatic MRI/MRA and the radiologist called me to tell me I had TOS and told me to see particular surgeons for surgical evaluations. I had a severe flare up after the exam. The doctors always said I had neurogenic TOS with a "vascular component". I had a palpable thrill/audible turbulence on physical examination in the supraclavicular area at the base of the SCM. What blood vessels were impinged in the MRI/MRA when my arms were up? Were the blood vessels impinged by the first rib and some other bone?

In my TOS workup, I saw 4 TOS surgeons/experts in various parts of the country and they all advised me to have the rib resection because my impingement was so severe. (So I did~ but only on the R side) I also had multi-crush nerve impingement, and I think my radial tunnel has had a lot of symptoms and may be responsible for many of my most annoying symptoms.

Have you heard of patients who have CRPS from TOS?

Thank you!
NerPain4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote