Thread: Thyroid & PN
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 06:40 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy2012 View Post
Well, my doctors believed my PN to be from hypothyroid since my TSH was at a 10.8 in July.

I fought hard and even fired a doctor over getting on NatureThroid instead of the typical synthetic hormone levothroxine.

This week I had my blood drawn again for thyroid panel. Results: TSH 2.4 Free T3 (triliodotyronine) 2.0 and free T4 1.07

I am very happy with these results and naturthroid, but....why is my PN still so bad????

I personally believe prediabetic spikes could be my cause but dr is firm on it being thyroid. Numb spot SEEMS to be less numb but..I dunno.
When my PN started, my TSH was high. The highest was 10. It was abnormal for about 6 months (Dec 2011 - June 2012). But even after the TSH became normal, the PN pain remains the same.

I am not sure if its a co-incidence but when I experienced a new symptom -- numbness and "hardened cement" sensation in my rght thumb -- when I had my TSH tested, it was 13.5 (about 3 weeks ago). I will have another test next week. I can never be certain if my PN is a result of my hypothyroidism because the pain is semi-permanent.

I read this article (its a long one but interesting) about hypothyroidism : type 2 -- I didnt not know that hypo has type 1 & 2 -- causing endless medical conditions. Among other things: blood sugar, gastrointestinal disorder, neurological impairment and pain in muscles and joints.

http://www.townsendletter.com/Dec200...hyroid1208.htm
Idiopathic PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Stacy2012 (11-17-2012)