View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 09:53 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default My thoughts on this subject

Some doctors do not even believe in neurogenic TOS much less the ability for the surgery to correct it. I think I would trust Johns Hopkins, Mayo, Cleveland Clinic, Baylor etc. before I would my local doctor on the subject. The spine surgeon who operated on me rolled his eyes when told I was given this diagnosis. I visited three different surgeons before going to Baylor and all seemed to put the success rate at 75 - 80%. Success rate covers completely eliminating the symptoms to significant improvement. The question is what does the other 20% make up. Only one doctor answered that for me and he said half was no change and half got worse. The people who got worse may have gone that direction anyway without the surgery.

Like some of you my condition got so bad I really did not feel I had a choice and my symptoms clearly matched everything I read. Also I prayed about this long and hard as did everyone close to me. That may not mean much to some but it is everything to me. Given my recent setback with the blood clot some may say look at him to see what can happen. I don't see it that way. I do not want to put too much detail out on the public internet but I see a pathway to a better quality of life that was not there before. I have no regrets and plan to work my tail off in PT to get the most from this.
romans8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Iris (11-18-2012), LosingHope (11-17-2012), Nottherightkindofdr (11-17-2012), tosmother (11-17-2012)