View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 02:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
People can have various rates of stomach emptying.

It can be because of taking drugs that slow the stomach like opiates or anticholinergics (Benadryl type drugs also).

Or it can be gastroparesis due to aging or nerve damage.

It can be because of the stomach contents itself, as chocolate and fat delay emptying. Coffee causes heartburn for some.

I can get heartburn from chocolate sometimes.

It can be due to excessive gas being refluxed. Excessive gas can come from bacterial dysbiosis or carbonated beverages,
certain food like the cabbage family, or from nervous swallowing of air, or excessive swallowing of air with food..like soups. I personally believe gas is a huge culprit in many heartburn cases.

I use ginger extract sometimes, but it can REALLY cause a burning reflux when taken at the wrong time or without enough water. You really haven't lived until you have a serious ginger event!
The radiologist didn't say of any indication of gastroparesis.
I have been observing what triggers the discomfort, its basically everything I eat. Mind you, I am not eating much of those you mentioned. I m not ruling out - the ever scapegoat - stress. Since I had the PN symptoms I was so stressful - which was compounded when I was diagnosed with MAC.

Mrs.D, is it possible to have this heartburn without the feeling of gas. Remember, I used to be so bloated. I don't feel bloated asnmuch as I used to but the queasiness remains.
Idiopathic PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote