View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 02:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Flouride avoid it or not?

To mrsD or anyone else that knows about this.

I have Cipro poisoning that of course has a lot to do with fluoride. I already stopped brushing my teeth with fluoride toothpaste and use an antiseptic mouthwash instead (this has helped me with gingivitis in particular.)

But I drink a lot of tap water, at least 8 full cups a day now. Here's my problem.

I live in Chicago and my city’s tap water contains 0.9 to 1.05 mg of fluoride per liter of water. The federal standard since 1962 has been a range of 0.7 to 1.2 mg.

My first question is if you have fluoroquinolone toxicity such as from the antibiotic Cipro, is it wise or unwise to avoid drinking tap water, since fluoride is added to it by the state?

I really need help with this one, since I think Chicago may be one of the cities that has the most fluoride added to its populations water supply that can in turn be harming people like me.

Please let me know what you think. Also, does bottled water such as PurAqua have fluoride added, too -I notice that I can't find it on their listings

I'm not sure if I should be avoiding fluoride to begin with -it just seems logical to me that if Cipro poisoning is in large part damaging due to its fluoride elements, it would be smart to avoid fluoride whenever I can. Is this right?
Jesse M is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (11-22-2012)