View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 02:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by groucho View Post
I started on Gabapentin last June, and I'd strongly suggest you ask your DR to start you out low, with 100 mg capsules. Maybe even just moving up 100 mg a day, as I did. I had a day or 2 of unpleasant "high"s with it, even moving up slow. I think many have gotten scared off by Dr's prescribing 300mg doses, which, I think, would really be much for people to get used to. After I moved up higher on my dosage, I found that moving up 300mg at a pop didn't do much more than give me nice feelings in my feet (for awhile) but not much "high". After a time, all you'll probably notice is some poor short term memory and a bit of tiredness, along with the edge taken off your pain. Gabapentin is the generic form of Neurotonin, and less expensive. Some people swear by Lyrica, but it is expensive, and I've heard it can be hard to get off of, if need be. I think Lyrica is also a controlled substance, like opiates and tranquilizers. MrsD will correct me if I'm wrong, but I really only have my own experience to go by.
OK I'll askfor 100 mg Gabapentin. Lyrica is not yet covered under the Ontario Drug Plan.
KristaQ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote