View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 05:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

The exercises you describe are pretty much the same as the ones my vestibular therapist has given me. Its unclear whether I have a vestibular problem though, because for most people doing the exercises does make them very dizzy or nauseous but I don't experience any of that.

My only symptoms that are "related" are my wide stance gait and my balance problems that result in repeated falls. Walking with a cane does help, partly from the support and partly because it slows me down a bit.

I have a few more exercises on my list that I do... that include feet at regular distance from each other and swaying the body left and right, also forward and back, just to the point of being off balance, catching yourself and then going the other way. Make sure you have something on either side of you to catch you in case you go too far. (I do it between the wall and the bed, especially for the backwards sway, so I just go on the bed if I go too far back)

I'd have to check my list for the others, in spite of doing them for over 2 months now, I still can't remember them without the list.

Starr
"Starr" is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
peacheysncream (11-18-2012), Theta Z (11-17-2012)