View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 07:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

You have obviously done some homework.

It is not ethical or possible for us to state if you have CRPS. You certainly do have some of the symptoms and your setup is similar to many of ours.

I agree that you need to start using that ankle. Physical therapy and hydrotherapy sound like a perfect start. It took me 3 months of physical therapy and home therapy for me to regain the use of my foot (mostly).

Now for meds. Did anybody ever suggest any meds? Neurontin is a very common drug that is often prescribed initially for a suspected case of CRPS. Neurontin (gabapentin is the generic) was very helpful in actually diagnosing my condition. WITH neurontin, I did pretty well, without it, I did not. We tried both. Doesn't work for everybody to be sure, but is often a first med tried. Naproxen sodium (generic; inexpensive) can also be helpful with inflammation. I take 2 of the 220 mg tablets twice a day. You really do need a doctor helping you with meds selection. Not using anything is really not a very good idea in my humble opinion.

I do have a suggestion for you though. DO NOT USE ICE. Or cold packs or the like. If you do have CRPS, ice is not recommended (by most professionals in the know). It feels good when you're using it, but can make things worse.

This much I know. CRPS is one of the most misunderstood chronic pain conditions of the human body. Even among professionals.

Good luck.........it can be tricky in getting a diagnosis. I used a handful of doctors before I got a diagnose, I suggest you get multiple opinions as well.
birchlake is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cloverthistle (11-18-2012), LIT LOVE (11-17-2012)