View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 07:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
I can say I have.
Quite a few of the members I've "met" on the forums since 2004, had or developed RSD/CRPS at some point, also some version of fybromyagia.

We more or less concluded on our own, that the longer pain & symptoms are going on , the more the body gets overloaded due to the stresses. Thus triggereing these other conditions.
This is only our loose theory of course.
But it can't hurt to keep in mind relaxation, stress relief and good nutrition at all times, and more so when hurting.
Thank you Jo*Mar! It is terrible that TOS causes RSD/CRPS. It makes one wonder at how and what causes RSD/CRPS, which previously seemed like a delayed nervous system/autoimmune reaction.

I think the surgery, while relieving the impingement for the most part, stretches the brachial plexus to get the nerves out of the way so that the first rib and the scalene muscles can get taken out. So it kind of damages the nerves while saving them at the same time. I think RSd/CRPS is a kind of nerve damage, there is some kind of sympathetic nerve overstimulation due to the peripheral nerve impingement/damage. Even though I have had the rib taken out, my hand/arm still gets white/cold in flareups similar to what happened pre-surgery, I think the white/cold reaction is a more physio-chemical response by the nerves, not a physical blockage/impingement.
NerPain4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote