View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 09:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Q for shengggmd

Quote:
Originally Posted by shengggmd View Post
Carpenter did not have classic presentations of ntos. He had mainly hand symptoms. Tingling and numbess. He was seen and followed by experts in saint louis that adviced against surgery. And subsequently went to texas. It is important to distinguish his tos symtoms and those of majority others.
I have read many of your posts and I want to thank you for taking the time to further educate us. I did not understand exactly what formed the triangle until you explained. While I experienced some bumps in the early going of recovery I can already tell the surgery was a resounding success as the awful exploding pain in the scapular area is gone. I still cannot believe I carried that as long as I did. I am left with a severely atrophied and somewhat painful right side neck and shoulder and wondered if you could share what you believe to be the most effective physical therapies. I also have left side TOS that has only been present for less than a year although it progressed rapidly. However the problems on the left side are very different than the right and it has me wondering if it really is TOS. It really affects my upper arm and shoulder as I cannot straighten my arm or raise it above my shoulder. My scalenes are tender on that side so maybe it is TOS. Anyway I am determined to heal it through PT but I am not sure your average Joe PT knows how to do this. You say PT is the most important piece of the puzzle so can you share more about it?
romans8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nottherightkindofdr (11-17-2012)