View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 12:30 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello NP4,

I am one of the TOS/RSD/fibro combos. There are quite a few of us, as JoMar mentioned.

I have neuro TOS. I spent several years being pooh-poohed, being told it was all in my head, with the only treatment offered being PT with weightlifting that made everything so much worse. Years of spending 12 to 16 hours a day with ice on the area trying to numb it to get some relief.

About 4 years into my struggle, after finding this forum and suspecting my issue was TOS, I founf a vasc surgeon who made the dx and sent me to a neurologist to start me off with appropriate conservative treatment, including PT with myofascial release. That made a critical difference in my L arm symptoms and with my arm and neck range of motion. No surgery needed....woo hoo ! Now I can do gentle stretching to keep my ROM. As long as I don't overdo things (and even routine housework or grocery shopping is overdoing things), my L arm is okay. Unfortunately, I was left with what feels like a burning golfball just to the left of T1, RSD, and fibro.

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote