View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 01:08 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

In all fairness, it isn't the doc's fault.

My neuro doesn't want to see me until after the MRI work-up he ordered back in May is done, but our health care system in Canada is so backed up I won't have that until mid-December.
The next opportunity to see the neuro will be in February as he's busy as head of the provincial MS Research and Treatment Clinic and doesn't come to my area in the middle of winter. The frequent snowy weather during that time often throws travel plans for doctors and patients alike into chaos.

I have avoided going in to my PCP because he is away for 6 weeks and the thought of going through history, examinations etc with someone new was exhausting in itself .

Even with my regular PCP things usually end up with him suggesting a trial of meds and I stopped being that sort of a Guinea pig many years ago; preferring to wait until there is a definitive diagnosis. There have been too many experiences with negative side effects (some requiring hospitalization), many of the meds have had on the thyroid, liver and/or regional enteritis to not use an abundance of caution in that regard.
Thus we're trying to figure out what is going on before trying anything; but it's turning out to be a slow process.

At least we have come to a couple of conclusions...
we've decided that if this body was a car it would be an Edsel (lemon); and that its driver's healthy sense of humour is intact .

Thanks for your prayers and well wishes.
Will keep you posted.

With love, Erika
Erika is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (11-18-2012), Debbie D (11-20-2012), SallyC (11-18-2012)