View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 09:05 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by todayistomorrow View Post
I just had a vision exam and Dr. Diagnosed me with convergence deficiency. This explains lot of my symptoms like headaches, eye strain, and difficulty concentrating. Hes optimistic that vision therapy may help.

Does anyone else have this and what has been your experience with vision therapy? It's sort of relieving to know I'm not crazy(like all the neuropsych's/family think) and there's something I can do about my symptoms.
yes! It was a MAJOR breakthrough in understanding why I felt like hell four months after an accident. Vision therapy has been so good and I have improved so much in six months of doing it. You need to do it every day, and exercise your vision in your activities of daily life. I was prescribed prisms in my glasses one year post accident to give my brain a break AND to further develop new pathways to use my eyes better (neuroplasticity). It is an amazing area and I think eveyone who has a brain injury/concussion needs to get checked....not by an optometrist but a neuro opthamologist and or behavioural optomitrist. I have 20/20 vision ....but the brain and eyes don't work! Was able to type on a computer a few weeks after getting prisms. A major breakthrough! Hang in there!!!!
Mokey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote